Nomination Procedures/Standards for MTHS Athletic Hall of Fame
In order for a former MTHS coach/athlete to be nominated into the MTHS Athletic Hall of Fame, they must have performed the following:
- Must have coached a minimum of seven (7) years at Mountlake Terrace High School.
- Must be nominated by a current or former coach/teacher/administrator, former student/athlete, or a former parent.
- Must be at the minimum 1 year removed from athletic/participating at Mountlake Terrace High School.
- Must have been either a varsity athlete or varsity/assistant coach at Mountlake Terrace High School for an ASB approved or WIAA sanctioned sport.
- Athletic candidates must meet the following criteria:
*Winners at State meets
*Make All-League or All-District in two (2) sports
*Make All-League or All-District in the same sport two (2) consecutive years
*First Team All State by AP, Seattle Times, Coaches Association
Note: Individuals placing lower than the preceding criteria will need the unanimous vote of the Hall of Fame committee to be recognized.
If MTHS Athletic Hall of Fame Committee pre approves application, nominee must have his/her nomination presented to the Hall of Fame Induction Committee. This nominee’s case for induction can be made by a current committee member; however, this committee member is then ineligible from voting for that nominee.
Nominations must be made to any Hall of Fame Induction Committee member. Presentations to the committee can only be made during regularly scheduled meetings or emergency meetings for special situations.
Nominations must be done on the MTHS Athletic Hall of Fame Application form.
In order for a former MTHS coach/athlete to be selected for induction into the MTHS Athletic Hall of Fame, they must meet the following criteria:
- Receive a majority vote from the Hall of Fame Induction Committee.
- Accept the induction to the Athletic Hall of Fame.